The Do’s and Don’ts of Tile Maintenance
- Do not use cleaners containing acid or bleach for routine maintenance.
- Do not use harsh cleaning aids like steel wool pads or any scouring pad containing metal.
- Do use Dawn Dish Detergent to maintain any and all tile; it is a perfect neutral cleaner!
- Do test any and all products on a small area before applying all over tile.
- Do use a sealer on grout joints!
- Do not use an enhancer sealer on grout if you would like to maintain the current color; the enhancer will darken the grout color.
- Do have any damaged or broken tile removed and replaced only by a qualified tile contractor.